At the end of my 4G rope
jhughett

I have a long
track-record of getting “lemons” when it comes to Verizon phones.  However, my thunderbolt….is pushing me to my
limits. 

My phone goes from 4G to 3G to 1X…to no service…constantly!  I feel like I am always restarting my phone
in hope to “get connected to America’s most dependable network.”

My phone freezes, hangs up on people, refuses to let me
answer phone calls, and I feel like I spend more time factory resetting my
phone, restarting my phone, locking my phone and all in an attempt to get my
phone to live up with the massive media flood that Verizon advertized with the
Thunderbolt.

I have called customer support…spent hours on the phone…but
I feel like I fix the small problems…only to get another one.  However, the biggest problem for me is the 4G
unreliability and the affect it has on my mobile hotspot, which is very
problematic because I use the hotspot for my schoolwork.

0 Likes
Re: At the end of my 4G rope
foxee
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME HERE!! I thought 4G was 4G.  I have come to realize that all of the kinks were not worked out with Verizon ungrading to 4G.  I ordered the iPhone to see how it would work with Verizon's service.  ABSOLUTELY terrible!

At the end of my contract, I WILL be switching over to AT&T.  I have been with Verizon for almost ten years and the service has yet to change.  The representatives get more and more under-trained.  At least with AT&T I know I will get my monies worth.  I have called and just simply talked to there representatives about switching and have had no problems.

Not to mention, I control all of my elderly family members phone accounts (and they have AT&T), I have yet to have an issue with the representatives when I call and ask a technical question.

Verizon is making too much money and not applying it where it really needs to be....RELIABLE SERVICE...scratch dependable!!

0 Likes
papah311
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately it is not the phone but the service.  I have had the Droid Razr for over a month and the last few weeks have been horendous.  My phone rarely gets 4G and I live and work if a fully supported 4G zone.  On top of that I loose 3G and 1x all the time.  It seems that I only get a data signal for 5-20 mins at a time.  Verizon has really got some problems with there networks.  My son has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and he is eperiencing the same problems.  People with 3G only phones like the Iphone 4S don't seem to be having issues.  It is only with the Verizon 4G models. 

Since I rely on my phone for work and need access to data all day, I will have to switch carriers after over 15 years as a verizon customer.

jabayne

Down here in Fl I got my Stratosphere and could not get any service, when I went to store they acted like it must be me doing something wrong. Now I find out that this has been an ongoing problem.

Is there a fix I can do? Turn phone off and then on?  Remove battery?  Or is it just that the network is down and have to wait and hope it gets better?

0 Likes
jlewis01

I have had good service in the Dallas, TX area.  Even when I have "one bar", I have connection.  I do want to learn about Task Killer to manage my battery usage.  Maybe, when we have opened too many apps and they are not closing, the reception is affected.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jlewis01

Mobile HotSpot? 

0 Likes