BOOM!!!!! (please don't shoot the messenger)
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
Re: BOOM!!!!! (please don't shoot the messenger)
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/08/htc-thunderbolt-update-starts-tonight-fixes-reboot-issues-is-no...

let's all hope!!

ABOUT TIME!!

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

Click on Benefits of Software Update it shows everything for this update MINUS that it starts rolling out tonight. *Crossin my fingers

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you will all have to keep me posted. my phone never did show me the first update was available.....and still doesn't.....lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What's funny is I actually checked the software update page earlier today when I found out about the Dinc2 update. The PDF was still the May information. Now when I checked after reading this post, the pdf has been changed to this MR2 release info. Sneaky! :smileyhappy:

Well I was a Guinea Pig for the last update since I was able to pull it the first day, I guess I could be one again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hangtime2

I also live in Phoenix ... Mine has said "service unavailable" all day and still does ... Although it isn't the appointed time just yet.  I'll keep you posted though.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Hangtime2 wrote:

I also live in Phoenix ... Mine has said "service unavailable" all day and still does ... Although it isn't the appointed time just yet.  I'll keep you posted though.

thanks. mine has said "service unavailable" since the day i bought it...lol...i do recall that some people had to switch to 1X to find the first update (which still seems odd to me). i never messed with doing that. i'll go ahead and install it, if my phone even finds it???

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

Hangtime2 wrote:

thanks. mine has said "service unavailable" since the day i bought it...lol...i do recall that some people had to switch to 1X to find the first update (which still seems odd to me). i never messed with doing that. i'll go ahead and install it, if my phone even finds it???

For the past 3 days mine has also said "Service Unavailable" I'm working on finding a fix now, i'll update this in a few

Update: So far fix isn't working.. I'll keep trying

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

tboltaz....if you force it to 1X then you won't get "service unavailable"....but it will go to search for an update and then the searching window will just disappear. 3g or 4g will give you "service unavailable" and mine has always been like that.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Just found out and Droid inc2 is getting gingerbread.
0 Likes
Hangtime2

What's the easiest way to force it to 1x?  I have the "phone info" app but only seem able to force it to 3G ...

0 Likes