Battery after 4.3
Lifebleeder
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have two HTC Ones in my house, one of them is updated to 4.3

After the update the battery will only charge up to 89%.  We've tried leaving it plugged in most of the day while on, and turned it off completely and left it to charge overnight.  It stalls at 89%.

When you take it off the charger it goes from 89% to 86% in about 5 minutes with absolutely no use at all.  Anyone else getting anything similar to this?

0 Likes
Re: Battery after 4.3
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not happy with the update, but I don't have this problem. It charges normally to 100%.

0 Likes
Re: Battery after 4.3
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lifebleeder wrote:

...  After the update the battery will only charge up to 89%. ...

When you take it off the charger it goes from 89% to 86% in about 5 minutes with absolutely no use at all.  Anyone else getting anything similar to this?

We have the HTC One - got the update to 4.3, and are not seeing much difference in battery life.  It still charges to 100%, and goes about a day and a half on a charge.  Double tap the home icon to see what's running in the background.

Let it run all the way down to say 3 or 5% battery left if you can, then charge it up overnight.  Let it run all the way down to 5% again, and charge it overnight.  A couple of full cycles like this may bring the battery back to full charge.

0 Likes