Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Battery after 4.3
Lifebleeder

We have two HTC Ones in my house, one of them is updated to 4.3

After the update the battery will only charge up to 89%.  We've tried leaving it plugged in most of the day while on, and turned it off completely and left it to charge overnight.  It stalls at 89%.

When you take it off the charger it goes from 89% to 86% in about 5 minutes with absolutely no use at all.  Anyone else getting anything similar to this?

0 Likes
Re: Battery after 4.3
AggieT

I am not happy with the update, but I don't have this problem. It charges normally to 100%.

0 Likes
Re: Battery after 4.3
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lifebleeder wrote:

...  After the update the battery will only charge up to 89%. ...

When you take it off the charger it goes from 89% to 86% in about 5 minutes with absolutely no use at all.  Anyone else getting anything similar to this?

We have the HTC One - got the update to 4.3, and are not seeing much difference in battery life.  It still charges to 100%, and goes about a day and a half on a charge.  Double tap the home icon to see what's running in the background.

Let it run all the way down to say 3 or 5% battery left if you can, then charge it up overnight.  Let it run all the way down to 5% again, and charge it overnight.  A couple of full cycles like this may bring the battery back to full charge.

0 Likes