Battery
SHusbands

Hello to who this may concern,

I got this one just a week ago. Today would be my second week. My question is why is the battery draining so fast. I have to charge my phone at everyday at & and turn off my phone to stop it from draining. So what do I do? Should I get a new battery?

0 Likes
Re: Battery
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the battery usage details telling you for which applications are using the battery? How bright do you keep your screen? GPS usage? Poor signal strength?

Also the battery isn't user replaceable on the HTC One.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHusbands

messages 27%

google service 9%

camera 4%

android system 4%

group me 2%

htc sense 2%

wi-fi 27%

voice calls 10%

phone idle 9%

I just got this phone last week, so why would my battery be dying like this?

0 Likes
SHusbands

Also, during the day I have my screen on 15% but at not I turn it all the way down.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many hours are you getting out of it exactly? For most people if the smartphone gets through the day without charging, that is good. Meaning that most plan for a daily charge overnight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHusbands

I charge my phone at night and lately by 7pm i have to charge it, but today I charge it at night and it is at 23% now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Messages seem higher than the others. Are you connected to a wifi connection throughout the day that it stays on for extended periods?

Google Services might be worth figuring out what it is trying to sync.

You can find out more details about each application by selecting it in the power usage section.

The strength of the signal could also be a factor too.

0 Likes
SHusbands

Well when i'm in class I'm connected to WiFi. Plus when I get on certain apps I need WiFi on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's fine if you are actually using it. I was more concerned if it was on and continually searching while you are using the cellular data connection instead.

0 Likes
SHusbands

I turn off cell data.

0 Likes