Beyond frustrated with the lack of support for this phone
Midnight1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

My title says it all...  I've had this phone since sometime in August, and at the time we signed up, we were "upgraded" from the freebie phones into three of these phones, one each for myself, my wife and our daughter.  These phones are slow, laggy and do not perform well, despite being powered by 1ghz processors.  http://gizmodo.com/5890956/the-full-list-of-verizon-phones-getting-ice-cream-sandwich - this article dated in MARCH says ICS for the Verizon Rhyme is coming, yet 9 months later we're still on the same version, which is extremely outdated software.  Verizon won't help us in upgrading to the Galaxy S3 without paying $650 per unit, and I'm not eligible for anything for a year and a half.  As a new customer, I feel VERY MUCH locked into a situation I don't like and I have no options to make it any better.  I can't get out of the phone making me unhappy...  the promised ICS update is lost in never never land... and it's forever and a day away before I'm eligible for an upgrade that's not gonna force me to take out a 2nd mortgage. 

I've read questions here about this phone and it takes 7-20 days for Verizon to even respond, which points out just how interested they are in addressing the many angry customers with this lemon. 

0 Likes
Re: Beyond frustrated with the lack of support for this phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This isn't supposed to be a direct link to customer service. It IS a peer to peer customer forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Midnight1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get that, but they do respond, therefore I assumed I could direct my comments to them as well.

I'm just frustrated....  I don't feel like I have any recourse in a situation I have to pay for. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well considering the VZW employees only seem to respond to unanswered questions and you didn't mark your discussion as a question, it is highly unlikely that they might respond to this thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Midnight1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the first time I ever posted - and I did it out of pure frustration. 

Your responses have been less than helpful.  Thanks for your time though. 

0 Likes
bun444

Yeah  I feel your pain!  I have had a rhyme for about 1 year and have had nothing but problems.  They traded the phone for me due to the problems, got a refurbished one which has proven to be no better than the one I had.  I have spent hours on the phone with verizon in attempts to fix things.  One time they even had to get a company person(phone manufactureer) on the line to help me.  Yes this is a very poor product with many many issues.  Verizon should really do something to help all us loyal verizon customers (I have been a customer since verizon was air touch) out.  UGH!!!

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

if your upset with software call htc have the update pushed to your devices and if your hving problems call tech support ask for alt replacements

0 Likes