Blink feed no longer working...
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Blink feed just quit working.  Just says no content.  When I go into settings Facebook is no longer offered.  I tried just setting to gallery, that doesn't come up either.  I've tried resetting everything I can think of and I can't seem to make anything happen.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Blink feed no longer working...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did BlinkFeed somehow get disabled?  Go to your Settings >> App manager - go to ALL and see if BlinkFeed is Enabled.  Ifit is, then go to Running and be sure it's running.

Re: Blink feed no longer working...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also might want to try a cache partition wipe, or system cache clear - you won't lose any settings or data, but it may help the device to run better.  It's a little tricky on the HTC, but here are the steps:

• 1) Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first).
  • 2) Boot into recovery by holding volume down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears.
  • 3) Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power key to select.
  • 4) HTC logo appears followed by blank, dim screen. Briefly tap all three simultaneously: power key, volume up and down keys, and release immediately. You may have to do this step a few times to get the timing right. This part is weird - it didn't seem to work, then I saw the SD card error as promised in step 5, as I was pressing the three keys yet again, and then I got a red triangle with an exclamation mark.  I kept pressing all three together and finally got the SD card error)
  • 5) Black screen appears and SD card error message scrolls.(From the bottom, hard to see!) After about 5-10 seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared.
  • 6)Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again (this choice highlighted). Done!

The only thing I have noticed so far that needed resetting was my keyboard.  It defaulted back to the HTC Sense keyboard, and I like my Swype!

0 Likes