Blue screen/locking up and ultra sensitive screen
Jonm095
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my Rezound last Friday. It's only happened a couple of times, but it's concerning and I'm wondering if anyone else has had it happen...

The first time, the screen turned mostly blue, but was flashing a narrow version of my home screen and the phone was locked up. The second time, it was doing the same thing, but it was two versions, one on the upper and one on the lower half of the screen.

I was able to hit the power button, not turn it off...it wouldn't do that, but just turn off the screen and then back on a couple of times and it went back to normal.

Also, is it just the nature of this phone to be super sensitive? I've lost count of how many times I've accidentally opened an app because I barely brushed the screen. It also will go multiple steps into the app, all with an accidental touch. I've actually changed my home screen wallpaper accidentally, without even looking at the screen, as I was reaching for the power button. It drives me nuts and may be enough for me to return the phone. It's that bad. If I forget to lock the screen before I go to set the phone down, I end up having to change settings or undo things; I suddenly have an open text that's half typed with gibberish because I go to set the phone down. It's ridiculous.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest getting a replacement.  If you do it within the first 14 days, you will get a new phone, otherwise it will be a Certified Like-New.  The screen should not be acting like that, and I have never had that happen to mine. 

I have noticed my Rezound is a lot more sensitive than my last phone (Droid Eris), but it has never had multiple accidental touches. 

0 Likes
Re: Blue screen/locking up and ultra sensitive screen
Jonm095
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's kinda what I figured. I like the Rezound, but almost miss my X & X2.

I upgraded now only to keep my rate plan, because I don't use a lot of minutes and the new rate plans would've cost me more. I chose the Rezound because the specs are awesome and I knew with my usage battery life wouldn't be an issue. Plus it was on sale, and I'm a disable veteran on a fixed income. The $80 I paid for this phone is going to be painful enough; I couldn't spend any more.

I wanted the Razr (really, I wanted the Razr Maxx, but I definitely couldn't afford that!), and it was on sale the week before, but I didn't jump on it, which I regret. I was going to settle for the Bionic, which was pretty close in specs to my X2, but 4G, but now VZW's dropped it from their website. Sam's Club has it on sale and it would be free. If they'd had it for free last week, I would've jumped on it, but it was only $30 less than the Rezound.

I guess I'll try another Rezound and if it doesn't work, I'll have to figure out what else I can do. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you continue having issues, eventually you may be able to get a different device, but it can really depend on which CS rep you get.

0 Likes
Jonm095
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dumped it and got the Razr. Much happier.

0 Likes
slingblade01

New or Factory Certified, it doesn't seem to matter.  There are bugs in the Rezound. I ran my second and third phone for several days with no apps or sd cards. I also had a new SIM.  I experienced the blue screen, data drops, and proximity sensor screen-lock-ups on the #2 and #3.

I am thinking of send Verizon a bill for my time and trouble to all of the troubleshooting.

0 Likes