Bluetooth fails on rezound
dbzmaxx

A lot of people are blaming the latest OTA update for the Bluetooth issues on the Rezound.  I can hear fine, people on the other end cannot hear my voice clearly.  Sounds very staticy and unintelligible(sp?).  If I use the Bluetooth for data services such as Skype I sound great!  Its only when using the phone that is sounds horrible. 

Any thoughts?  I know I'm not the only one having this issue, however not enough people are posting about it to lead me to a solution. 

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth fails on rezound
ToeKnee_tm

Wow. Now that I see someone else is having that issue. I've used Plantronics Voyager Pro and Pro Plus headsets for years, and have never had a problem until recently. I truly now think you are right. It did start after I forced down the OTA. Once in a while, If I tap the right button on the in-call splash screen, switch to the ADR whatever (regular phone) and back to to the BT, it often clears the issue. I've also had more problems with my headsets not auto-connecting and the phone thinking it is still connected to powered down items and then will lock up when I try to force a disconnect. Fix: cycle BT off and back on. I'm going to pass this on to the HTC rep I've been working with on another issue..that turned out to be caused by an app...

0 Likes
dbzmaxx

Let me know what your HTC rep says. I'm sure another OTA update could fix this

0 Likes
tk1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had problems with the Bluetooth since I got the phone in December.  First, my trusty plantronics earpiece that always sounded crystal clear on my old Droid, all of a sudden sounded horrible to people on the other end, just like dbzmaxx stated, staticy and broken up.  Then when I bought a Prius on 12/31, I paired the Rezound to the car BT and guess what, same issue, static and broken to callers on the other end.  I have had so many complaints from friends and family as well as my boss (I am in sales and on the road a lot, so this is a huge issue to me), that I am going to have to find a solution or ditch the phone.  I have been to Toyota service, called VZW, combed forums, all of which have have been futile attempts to solve this problem.  Apparently, the Rezound has some BT issues, which I cannot continue to live with - too bad since I love the rest of the phone, including the camera since I love photography and don't always have my camera with me!

0 Likes
turtle4711

I have the same probably with my bluetooth.  It seems like every other call, my caller says they can't hear me.  I was having this issue with my other phone too (LG Ally) so I don't think it's the Rezound itself.  I have the Plantronic M155 that cost a pretty penny to not be working properly.

0 Likes
Thermionics

Bluetooth performance is sub-par on the Rezound. The OTA may have made it worse but it wasn't great to begin with. Some of the new glitches you mentioned have to be software related, so there's hope that when the 4.0.X  Android update comes out way soon, the glitches will go away. The glitches are pretty well known in the community, so I would be very surprised if HTC didn't address them in the coming OTA.

The range of the Bluetooth signal from the Rezound is much shorter than any of my other Android devices (OG Droid, Droid X, X2 and Thunderbolt) as well as my iPhone, so I suspect an antenna issue.

I like everything else about the Rezound but I am totally reliant on my Bluetooth headsets, and this is one area where this device really disappoints.

0 Likes