Camera & Camcorder won't open
Happy2bmeagain
Hope someone has a suggestion! Tried to take a picture yesterday & when I pressed the camera button it went directly back to the home screen. Same thing happens when I press the camcorder button. Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camera & Camcorder won't open
Wildman
Legend

Heres a unique fix that has worked for a number of users, open your clock settings and disable auto update and change the date to 08-05-2011 and then open camera (It will close) but open it one more time and see if the camera works?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Heres a unique fix that has worked for a number of users, open your clock settings and disable auto update and change the date to 08-05-2011 and then open camera (It will close) but open it one more time and see if the camera works?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Go into Settings-Applications-Manage Applications, hit the all tab and scroll down to and open Camera then choose clear data.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

Go into Settings-Applications-Manage Applications, hit the all tab and scroll down to and open Camera then choose clear data.

For some reason users has been reporting this didnt work for some reason, hope its not this users situation..  Still worth a try...

0 Likes
Happy2bmeagain
Thanks Wildman!!! It worked.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Happy2bmeagain wrote:
Thanks Wildman!!! It worked.

Glad it got you going, dont forget to reactivate the auto feature to correct your data and time..

0 Likes
khackett

The same thing happened to me but I got an error stating my gallery has unfortunately stopped working.  When I looked at the report it said it had crashed.  I tried your solution but when scrolling through camera was not listed within the Applications.  I even tried the other solution by changing the date back to 08/05/2011, but nothing worked.  

0 Likes