Camera and Camcorder
1wrestler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought the thunderbolt yesterday love the phone, but I'm haveing  trouble on which settings to have the camera and camcorder on. My son wrestles so i would like to record his matches with the thunderbolt instead of my  samsung digit camcorder. Any help with do for me thanks

0 Likes
Re: Camera and Camcorder
Wildman
Legend

You have two options..

1. There is a icon on the camera app screen when ot os open, one looks like a camer and the other looks like a video camera and if you click this the selection will change, you can press this to switch back and forth from the camera to video..

2. With app closed and you go to app launcher  you will see two icons.... One says Camera and other says Camcorder, depending on which you select that will be what mode the camera will open in at that time..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

once you are in the camcorder, select menu, video quality. if you are wanting these to be quality video to keep, then use "hd 720." however, this will create a huge file so transfer will likely need to be done via the usb. if you ever want to shoot something that you want to attach to a text (just a short clip to send to a friend or family member immediately), then set it to "mms." this will be poor quality, but if it's short you will be able to immediately text it to someone....and looks decent on a feature phone, media phone, or flip phone (or an older smartphone or a smartphone with a small screen).

0 Likes
1wrestler
Enthusiast - Level 2

So  hd is they way for me. I will be sending the videos to my son's facebook. Do i have to do it threw usb or from phone ?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the images are recorded in 720p the images may get large and my should transferred to a pc or transferred on wifi to avoid any issues..

0 Likes
1wrestler
Enthusiast - Level 2

If i transfer threw pc i just use the usb cable and it should auto run right ?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

1wrestler wrote:

If i transfer threw pc i just use the usb cable and it should auto run right ?

when you plug it in it (your tbolt) will prompt you to choose "charge only" or "use as a disk." use it as a disk and then you can view the sd card directories in windows explorer. find the file you want and copy or move it to the pc. then you have it on the pc and can upload it to FB. you can upload it directly to fb by going in to your gallery on your phone and selecting the "share" icon. however, with very large video files i have had issues doing it this way.....and as wildman suggested, you would want to be on wifi (or LTE if you have it in your area) if you want to attempt to upload large files. 

0 Likes