Can't Text or make calls from home
darius2381

My phone won't let me call or text when im at home. It used to work just fine up until about 24 hours ago. I rebooted plenty of times, but when i drive down the street for 2 mins, my service starts working again. Whats going on???

0 Likes
Re: Can't Text or make calls from home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely odd, darius2381. While at home, how many bars of signal display through your device? Do other phones in your household also experience this issue? What zip code are you located in?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Can't Text or make calls from home
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

I doubt the signal strength changed near your house in a 24 hour time period (unless a tower or receiver went out of service in that time). Did you install any new apps, updates, or change any settings in that time? If you installed a new app its possible it may be trying to hog your system preventing other apps (like the texting app) from using the phones resources. If you installed a system update it may have changed the way the system default settings are set. If you went and changed your mobile data network settings (like switching from global to lte/cmda) then that could have changed your ability to connect as well. I recommend you go into settings -> Mobile data -> Preferred Network and set it to global if that is an option, and if it isn't already set to that. Many people have reported quicker connections, faster speeds, and more stable texting when set to global.

0 Likes