Can't save MMS pics at all
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I have one photo I very much need to get off of the phone (out of the default VZW MMS app) and on to a PC, email, SD Card, etc.  Unfortunately the only option is to save the picture and NO pic will save from the MMS app to the SD card.  I get a message that "Your SD Card is low on  storage space."  When I first started trying to save this photo there was over 3GB free on both internal and external memory. The pic is only 40kb so space is NOT an issue but I tried to clear as much space anyway figuring it was a quirk and got the SD card up to 8GB free.  That's way more than enough but it would not save. I rebooted. It didn't work. I inserted a clean formatted SD card and it still will not work.  What else can I do to get a simple 40kb picture sent to me via MMS off my Thunderbolt?  Several reboots have also been done and I run a clean stock version of the current OS supplied via Verizon. The photo can't be resent to me.

0 Likes
Re: Can't save MMS pics at all
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is strange. Have you tried forward the message and the picture to an email address?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Yes but I was so focused on that one important photo I did't realize not one single photo will save to the SD card claiming it is too full. I even went to the folder on the SD card where previous MMS photos have been saved, deleted them since they have been already backup up, then tried to save them again from the very same default MMS app and still nothing will save to the SD card claiming too little space. Guess its time to make my first call to support.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try installing Handcent message application free from market, it will allow you to see all the same messages in stock app but it may allow you to save it... 

ONLY If this works then you may want to backup all messages and clear the data for the stock sms application located at Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Messages / Clear Data.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

OK, I'm over backing up images that is complete. However the problem persists.  Wildman, as per you instructions the option to Clear Data is disabled even if force stopped.  The only option I can press is Clear Cache which doesn't seem to do anything.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok try Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tabs / Messages / Clear Data

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Right, that is grayed out & disabled even after a force stop.  It is messages 1.00.000.206244.605 if that helps anything.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange, you seem to be seeing a different view than I have, does your look like the screen shot below?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Clear%20Message%20Cache.png

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

The differences are your version of Messages. Mine is 1.00.000.206244.605 and your is much higher.  The Clear Data button is not an option for me (grayed out). Weird!  In About phone, my Android Version is 2.3.4, Sense 2.1, Software 2.11.605.9. I did a check for new software updates and it listed none available.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Thunderbolt matches your software numbers. I am currently running it in airplane mode without a SIM card and I am completely stock.

The clear data button is grayed out for me in the Message application too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes