Re: Can't save MMS pics at all
Wildman
Legend

Now that's strange because I am stock, the only thing I have is a few custom skins installed...   

@JRAHNBO2

If all fails try  backup all SMS with MyBackup or SMS Backup from market and do a hard rest to see if this resolves the issue...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing I haven't done since the last system update (Gingerbread) was a factory reset. I meant to do one, but after I cleared the HTC Sense UI, I haven't felt the need to do one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I talked with Verzion and support was very patient and thorough in troubleshooting even contacting HTC but there was no resolution.  They offered a replacement or help with a factory reset but for now I'll decline until at least ICS comes out or the problem is overwhelmingly annoying. Even better would be when Google Voice offers MMS on our phones. Also as per their suggestion I will check with HTC to see if I can get an updated messaging app. There was the question of why we have different versions of Messaging (they did look at this forum) and Wildman if you have any clue as to why yours is higher since we're both apparently running stock I believe that could be helpful. Actually some of the folks at VZW had different versions and were not sure why. I strongly believe if I could "Clear Data" that would help and beat a factory reset or phone exchange.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

At this moment I am insure why my version is different than yours, I update all software when updates are available.  I normally use Handcent so I never paid attention to the stock apps anymore..  

I just thought about something I installed a few patches for a few apps on my device and maybe this is the difference on version numbers, I will hard reset a little later and see if this changed this difference.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

My mail version is 3.10.000. My phone is also stock, wonder why we all have au h different versions.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oops looking at wring one my messages is 1.000

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

OK, its fixed!  I can give a much more detailed explanation of how I eventually figured it out if needed but in a nutshell when it was complaining about there not being enough space on the SDCARD it turns out there were too many files as far as the MMS app is concerned in the INTERNAL memory.  Once I eliminated a certain number of files internally the problem went away.  As a further test I maxed out space on both internal and external memory and was able to continue to save MMS pics without issue. Then I added a large number of files but with small sizes and the problem returned proving the app has some sort of bug with the total number of files internally even though it complains about lack of space externally.  So, in the future, if you see the error from the MMS app that it can't save a picture to the SD card the problem may be a generic catch all for a variety of issues including what it considers an excessive total number of files internally, not externally.  Thanks all.   The version number difference thing is still weird but oh well.

0 Likes