Can't view text message threads
Haley118

This morning the text message program on my Thunderbolt stopped working. It says "loading" and can't open the message I'm trying to view. It can't open any of the saved message threads I have on my phone. It will let me know when I receive a text and I can click on the app and see the first line of the text but it will not open so I can view the entire message. I have rebooted 3 times and it still isn't working. This a problem with my phone or the network?

0 Likes
Re: Can't view text message threads
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Haley118 wrote:

This a problem with my phone or the network?

Hard to say, at this point.  Are you using Verizon's standard text messaging, or an app?  If it's an app you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Also, rather than a reboot, try a battery pull to reset. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley118-

Good afternoon! It's a bummer that your messages aren't opening properly! I suggest going to Settings> Applications> Manage Apps> Messaging to clear cache and clear data. Then you should have no problem opening the messaging application. If you are using a third party text app, I recommend simply removing and re-installing the application. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
monsterlonnie

Do you have to force stop the app to clear the data?  I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi monterlonnie,

I double checked for any other reports with the Thunderbolt having trouble opening message threads, and there are no known issues reported. Sometimes, it may simply be ann application that was recently installed causing trouble with opening messages, or possibly too many messages in a thread for the phone to read successfully.

You do not need to force stop the app to clear the cache or data on any application following AdamE_VZW's suggestions. This may help: http://bit.ly/LWqp7n

In case you do happen to be using any alternate messaging application on your phone, this may be helpful for uninstalling those pesky applications too: http://bit.ly/Vph8gg

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes