Charge Thunderbolt while using Kickstand...
Wildman
Legend

I read about a solution work around for not being able to charge device while using kickstand because the plug is on the bottom, check this out because it looks like the new Photon 4G kickstand solutions works for the Thunderbolt also....

http://www.androidcentral.com/want-charge-your-photon-4g-and-use-kickstand-just-flip-it-over

0 Likes
Re: Charge Thunderbolt while using Kickstand...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nope! It doesn't work for me. Not unless I lean the charger cord and top of the phone against something. Thankfully my desk at work has a perfect height monitor stand for me to use both the charger and the kickstand.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman,

Not trying to be adversarial, but that is about the Motorola Proton and I'm not sure how that pertains to the Thunderbolt. I have never been able to get my TBolt kickstand to support the phone with the charging port at the top. I use the Verizon extended battery and have the Seidio surface case for it. It has it's own built in kickstand that does support it in landscape with the charging port at the top, allowing me to charge the phone while in the landscape position.

Did I miss something?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
The kickstand is similiar on both devices, this method works perfectly with my device..
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
I simply angle mine so the right edge is just barely hanging off my desk and it works fine
0 Likes
djb68
Only problem with this solution is that it doesn't work for Netflix...at least not on my Thunderbolt. Landscape mode only works with the phone with the charging plug down.
0 Likes
rapongallo

Mine screen will work  landscape turned both ways. The only problem is that if you have an outterbox case on it the case is too heavy for the kickstand.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

If you got an Otterbox case with the clip holster, you can lock the belt clip open to work as a kickstand. My son has one and it works great.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Turn your device 180 degrees.

0 Likes
rapongallo

Thanks I didn't know that.

0 Likes