Comcast email not working
Erin

I'm not getting my Comcast email through the standard email app.  I have the right settings (supposedly):

Protocol: POP

Pop Server: mail.comcast.net

Security type: None

Server port: 110

When it does "Checking account settings...",  I get:

Warning

Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account informaiton.  Your server is not responding.

It's been doing this for days.  The smtp is working fine, but not incoming mail.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Comcast email not working
budone
Legend

Try setting up security settings. You may also want to delete the account then set it up again.

0 Likes
Re: Comcast email not working
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you to the community members for your info. Addtionally, Comcast has implemented SmartZone. This new feature may move email into a seperate folder not allowing certain applications (Wireless Sync, Mobile Email, etc.) from retrieving it. The email will need to be forwarded to another compatible email account. Below I have provided you with the instructions to complete the setup:

1. Navigate to the Comcast home page

2. Click Email (located in the upper-left corner). 

3. If prompted, login. *********The account has been migrated to SmartZone if the logo is in the upper-left corner after logging in. 

4. From the Preferences Tab, click Email

5. Click Auto Forward

6. Ensure that Enable email Forwarding and Keep a local copy are set to Yes, enter the forwarding email address then click Update.

Thanks,

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes