I'm not getting my Comcast email through the standard email app. I have the right settings (supposedly):
Pop Server: mail.comcast.net
Security type: None
Server port: 110
When it does "Checking account settings...", I get:
Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account informaiton. Your server is not responding.
It's been doing this for days. The smtp is working fine, but not incoming mail. Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you to the community members for your info. Addtionally, Comcast has implemented SmartZone. This new feature may move email into a seperate folder not allowing certain applications (Wireless Sync, Mobile Email, etc.) from retrieving it. The email will need to be forwarded to another compatible email account. Below I have provided you with the instructions to complete the setup:
1. Navigate to the Comcast home page.
2. Click Email (located in the upper-left corner).
3. If prompted, login. *********The account has been migrated to SmartZone if the logo is in the upper-left corner after logging in.
4. From the Preferences Tab, click Email.
5. Click Auto Forward.
6. Ensure that Enable email Forwarding and Keep a local copy are set to Yes, enter the forwarding email address then click Update.
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport