Congratulations! Every time I plug my Thunderbolt into my USB on my PC
gp001

Every single day I curse VZW....

Why? Because every time I plug my Thunderbolt into my USB I have to deal with your dialog box and auto launch of the Media Manager web page.

I'm sure that's the reaction you hoped for when decided to load this spamware onto my Thunderbolt's O/S...and then gave me no way to turn it off on the phone.

GET THIS OFF MY PHONE!@!@!   GRRRRRRRRR!

0 Likes
Re: Congratulations! Every time I plug my Thunderbolt into my USB on my PC
budone
Legend

The following works on the HTC Incredible, maybe on the TB also.

dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Also you can go to icon in right corner and select Moto icon and select do nothing option when plugged in.,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@budone
That option isn't available on Tbolt.

@Wildman
Manufactured by HTC, not Motorola

To the OP
I managed to make this dialog not pop up on my Win7 machine. I did something with the Windows settings to always "do nothing". I forget the exact steps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry I got use to this being a Motorola thing, looks like Verizon has started doing this with other devices.   Mot has a app called Moto Connect that does the same issue..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

see this thread:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/Disable-V-CAST-Media-Manager-Web-Pop-Up/m-p/2678...

you have to disable autoplay on your browser. it is a slightly different process/location, depending on your version of windows so i posted the thread where a few people with different versions did it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I never really thought about the auto play option because I usually always disable it automatically but that resolution is sound and should work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The autoplay sounds like what I also disabled for my phone. :smileyhappy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gp001

Here's the bonus of turning off autoplay on your PC...it disables autoplay for ALL of your USB devices...of course, if you only ever plug in your phone, that works fine...otherwise it's not a solution.... GET IT OFF MY PHONE!!!!

0 Likes
gp001

Since VZW is so kind as to autolaunch the web page everytime I plug in my phone  I think I will just post here daily until they resolve this...

0 Likes