Contacts not syncing
TimTho

When I add numbers into my phone they don't sync up to my gmail account. I checked all settings and it is set to sync contact so I checked the new contacts and made sure it didn't have a setting to keep them on phone or sim instead of gmail account.  I do notice that the vzw back up assistant is set up and it is working but there is not way for me to turn it off to see if that will take care of it.  Am I missing something or has anyone heard of this before?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts not syncing
Tidbits
Legend

Are you sure you are adding them to your Google account.

When you start a new contact  make sure you scroll to the very top and make sure it says Google instead of Phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When you start a new contact  make sure you scroll to the very top and make sure it says Google instead of Phone.

0 Likes
TimTho

OMG I feel dumb thank you haha.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I had the phone for a short time and I learned that myself on accident :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
rsuri2

Tidbits wrote:

Yeah, it took me a while to figure this out as well.  I wish there were a way to make all new contacts Google contacts instead of Phone contacts by default - to be consistent with the way other Android phones work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The one thing I noticed that was different from my Eris is that the Tbolt always defaults to phone contacts. The Eris would remember I had selected Google contacts when I made my first contact on the phone and then Google was the default. It's a good thing I haven't had to make a lot of new contacts on the Tbolt since I got it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes