Cool discovery - Install Android Apps online via computer (automatically sends app to your Tbolt)
emilynicol2
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://market.android.com

I also just realized that if you are logged into your google account and visit the above website, you can browse around through the android market, click install under an application, and it will automatically send and install the application on your Android device. Your phone doesn't need to be connected to the computer or even anywhere nearby, it just sends it to your phone automatically. 

Cool huh?

You can also click on 'My Library' at the top to view all of the applications you've already installed/purchased on your phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Cool discovery - Install Android Apps online via computer (automatically sends app to your Tbolt
donc13

Ah....welcome to the world of alternate methods to get to the same place.    That URL takes you the same place the "Market" app that comes pre-installed on your Thunderbolt takes you.    Same thing relative to downloading, paying, installing, and so forth.

0 Likes
Re: Cool discovery - Install Android Apps online via computer (automatically sends app to your Tbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And thankful it has worked since the web version of the market has gone live and available for everyone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
More information about the web based Market in this thread.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/Android-Market-now-available-online/m-p/410172/highlight/tr...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
emilynicol2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:
More information about the web based Market in this thread.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/Android-Market-now-available-online/m-p/410172/highlight/tr...

Thanks for the link!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi....if you ever have to reset your phone, just go there and there are all of your apps....ready to be reinstalled. makes it REAL nice, particularly for any that you have already paid for.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I think the web based Market showed even the free applications that I had downloaded whereas the Market app on my phone would only remember the paid applications after the first time opening it. It was very handy to look at list on the web when I had the Aria and was trying to cherry pick the applications to install on it.

0 Likes
Thunderstrike

Hey I wonder if you have over 800 apps on your phone which I do how long it would take to get them back on the phone, HaHa, Anyway you are correct and with me having that many I have pages on my Market account online. Hey I love this phone and the things I can try to do to it. So far no major issues at all.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
I think the web based Market showed even the free applications that I had downloaded whereas the Market app on my phone would only remember the paid applications after the first time opening it. It was very handy to look at list on the web when I had the Aria and was trying to cherry pick the applications to install on it.

I thought you could easily request those apps you see at the Marketplace to download to your new phone. But ya cant. And a couple I LOVE are no longer available. :smileysad:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

budone wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

I thought you could easily request those apps you see at the Marketplace to download to your new phone. But ya cant. And a couple I LOVE are no longer available. :smileysad:

yeah....i had missed call on my inc. had to get missed call deluxe for the tbolt ($.99). not a huge deal....but i was bummed. if you sync with appbrain, it will show you ALL (paid and free) of your previous app, but i believe you still have to download them one by one.

0 Likes