Data connection worse and worse
clexmond

Ever since about 2-3 weeks ago my data connection has been getting consistently worse. When I first got the phone I would consistently get a solid 4G connection, lately however, within a couple seconds of actually utilizing the data connection (web, Skype, Speedtest, Google Maps, really anything) the connection is lost without even degrading to 3G. It then takes another 10-30 sec. to reconnect at which point the entire cycle repeats.

My phone is utterly useless at this point and it's extremely frustrating to be paying for an unusable data connection and get no response besides the same tired "reboot in airplane mode; allow all data roaming; pull the sim card and replace" responses which do absolutely nothing.

I would certainly appreciate a resolution to this issue which at this point, considering the wealth of similar posts on any Verizon-related message board, is clearly an issue with Verizon's network and not the individual phones.

0 Likes
Re: Data connection worse and worse
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have only gotten the weird wifi 3g 4g thing where if i was on a wifi connection the phone would NOT send MMS messages for reason from time to time . the only wasy to get them to go through was either shutoff wifi and then resend OR pull the battery for 20 minutes and let phone fully reset

0 Likes
musicbeatsallday

Try a hard rest by holding the volume button down and the power key. Then reset it and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Giezr

I have this exact issue and see that others on the forums do as well.  Verizon please look into this.

0 Likes
scguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same experience and found that the way the is held makes a difference. I think the antenna is in the back and holding it in your palm weakens the wifi and cell data reception. Say it isn't so because that would be a  bummer.

0 Likes