Data connectivity
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Where can we go to check for data connectivity outages? I've tried calling CSR's and each time it led down the road to "Factory Data Reset" even though it never resolved, and never had a chance of resolving my connectivity problem by doing so. It would be nice to get an answer the wasn't straight off a cue card. If there is an outage or maintenance project in the area I'm in and I'm experiencing an issue I should be able to be told.

Even during the major nationwide service outage CSR's wouldn't, or couldn't, admit it was going on or acknowledge they were even aware of any issues at all until it got so big Verizon couldn't hide behind the "disavow any problem exists" excuse any longer.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a website where outages could be reported / confirmed by zip code, instead of searching user forum websites to see if others are having similar problems? (Kinda like my local utility company has a power outage website where I can check status before tearing into my house wiring looking for a non-existent problem)

0 Likes
Re: Data connectivity
iamkalel

I had to go into a store and complain before the admitted an outage.  I don't know what is going on besides the "upgrading the network" **bleep** they feed you.  Too bad the clerk made my phone useless by trying to put a new SIM card in it.  The SIM needs to register on the 4G network, so until it is back up, I have a useless phone. Thanks for nothing Verizon.  I wonder if Sprint has these types of problems?

0 Likes
Cybie257

With all the Dead Zones that Sprint has, you might have yourself a useless phone anyhow.

I called Verizon witin minutes of the outage. They knew nothing at the time, but the girl did tell me about some outages in Germany, California, and one other place. She took the time to check into surrounding areas and had to reports. It takes time to get information across.

The girl asked me to check with someone else I knew in the are with a data phone. I know no one close by. So, after about 45 mins, I called the local Verizon Store. The girl told me that there were Data issues and that a service ticket was issued shortly prior to my call and the Verizon was working on it. Within about 10 minutes after the call, I had solid 3g service, which is fine, but was expected to be a few hours before all data (including 4g) was back up and running.

A couple hours is one thing, a couple days another. I can live with the couple hours and it shows that Verizon go people on the issue right away as y data came back. All providers will encounter issues, especially when your as big as Verizon. As for Sprint, the question is, "Can they get people fixing these issues as fast as Verizon, especially on a Sunday??"

Yes, the store employee should'ny have put a new SIM card in. He/She should've realized that all the Demo phones were experiencing the exact issues and ralized it wasn't isolated to the phone.

-Cybie

0 Likes
Sabre4rce

I've got a big 1X here and since this has happened before I have not called a CSR. I'll just wait to see what tomorrow brings. Then I'll go from there. It is too bad that the Thunderbolt has to suffer each time there is an outage or technical glitch. It makes me wonder if the iphone 4s is having any problems or any other phone for that matter.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon has been having outage problems today, apparently: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-data-struggling-tonight

With all the LTE expansion they have been doing lately, it's kind of to be expected.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Just got connectivity back. Bouncing still from 4g to 3g so it isn't stable (completely fixed) yet.:smileysad:

Still would like a website to check outage status though.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
They probably would not want public record of all the outages that they have. If someone wants some money back for services they are paying for and not receiving it would be to easy to prove. Also its not really like a power outage if the power is out you are not paying for power at that time cause there is none to use, of course if you are on a tiered plan then it would be the same. Wink wink
0 Likes