Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
Filenatha
Member

How can I delete some of the preload apps from my applications list.? I have gone to settings it will not let me delete them.

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

you can't delete or uninstall them (unless you significantly alter the OS, which i am NOT recommeding you do). 

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
silver6055
Sr. Member

 


Filenatha wrote:

How can I delete some of the preload apps from my applications list.? I have gone to settings it will not let me delete them.


You can "hide" them by using some launcher replacements from the market.  In particular, Launcher Pro allows you to hide apps from your app drawer so you don't have to see them when searching for other stuff.

 

As Azsaluki says, ways to delete or disable require actions that violate the Terms of Service (even if such things are available yet for such a new phone).

 

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

 


silver6055 wrote:

 


Filenatha wrote:

How can I delete some of the preload apps from my applications list.? I have gone to settings it will not let me delete them.


You can "hide" them by using some launcher replacements from the market.  In particular, Launcher Pro allows you to hide apps from your app drawer so you don't have to see them when searching for other stuff.

 

As Azsaluki says, ways to delete or disable require actions that violate the Terms of Service (even if such things are available yet for such a new phone).

 


it can already be done...lol. it was actually done before the official launch!!!

 

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
PJNC284
Sr. Member

I'm just waiting for them to release the method for the launch firmware so I can restore my Angry Birds backup. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
silver6055
Sr. Member

AZSALUKI wrote:

 


silver6055 wrote:

 


Filenatha wrote:

How can I delete some of the preload apps from my applications list.? I have gone to settings it will not let me delete them.


You can "hide" them by using some launcher replacements from the market.  In particular, Launcher Pro allows you to hide apps from your app drawer so you don't have to see them when searching for other stuff.

 

As Azsaluki says, ways to delete or disable require actions that violate the Terms of Service (even if such things are available yet for such a new phone).

 


it can already be done...lol. it was actually done before the official launch!!!

 


Oh, good.  I saw that "it" has been done by XDA, but I thought they hadn't released it till they solved recovery.  But that was two or more days ago.....

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
PJNC284
Sr. Member

Well I got bored which is never a good thing.  Got my Angry Birds back though. :manvery-happy:

 

 

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
swimmerboi
Member

Verizon, having no clue on how to actually service customers has disabled the ability to delete the crapware they put on the phones. I get putting crapware on the phones to get customers to purchase it, but the customer owns the phone, and therefore, must be able to uninstall apps that they don't want.

 

VERIZON GET A FLIPPING CLUE!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Preloaded apps on menu
DaveP1
Member

If anybody from Verizon is monitoring the forum (and if they care, which seems increasingly unlikely) I hope that the next update to the phone will allow the preinstalled apps to be deleted (ideally) or, at least, moved to the SD card. That perky golf game icon makes me want to hurl every time I see it.

 

One thing to note. Other than rooting the phone, it's probably best to leave the apps alone. There are task killer applications which will fight with auto-starting apps to try and keep them shut down. Unfortunately, they tend to kill the battery (and my battery is on life support most days).

0 Likes