Re: Deleted Yahoo Email Account - Now Can't Re-Add It
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Mine is grayed-out...  I can probably live without this account on my phone, but it's bugging the heck out of me!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Question. How did you remove the Yahoo account from the phone in the first place? Through the Mail app or the Accounts in the phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RubyDubyDoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yayyyy, thank you thank you thank you Ann154! That worked for me!  Tech support said I had to do a factory reset (dreading it) but you solved my issue!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad those steps worked for you.

Hopefully the OP can get theirs sorted out too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RubyDubyDoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

One odd thing is it still kept giving me the error message that my username and password is incorrect until I got my laptop out and signed in to my yahoo account on my computer.  Then retried adding the account on my phone and it worked.  For all my yahoo accounts.  Try that.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I guess I just need to find a way to clear the data!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had a thought .

Try disabling the "Mail" app, reboot the phone and then enable it again. It can't hurt if you not using for email right now.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I just figured it out!  I had an old work email address that I no longer used --- so I deleted it.  That somehow "activated" the clear data button, which I then pressed.  Now it's working...thanks all!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Woo Hoo!

0 Likes