Direct Message Shortcut Not Working
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a direct message shortcut on my homescreen for a single contact, except that it doesnt work. When I go to send a message to that person, it doesnt open the message screen for them... it opens whatever message screen was opened last, regardless of what/who it was and what I do to the phone (IE: remove shortcuts and add them back; restart phone; remove shortcuts and restart then add them back; shut phone off entirely for several minutes - this temporarily fixes it when it comes back on, but soon as I open another message its back to opening whatever it wants).

Sometimes I can get it to stop and do what its suppose to, but it keeps going back to this behavior and right now I cant get it to stop no matter what I do.

Does any one know how to fix this? Help please!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Direct Message Shortcut Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Acwn. I know this function is important because I have the same phone and show the message shortcut on my screen. This shortcut allows me to access to all messages but I have a People stream on the next screen that allows me to add contacts with the option to call or message them instantly. At the top of the screen it will say "People", at the bottom you will have the contact icon and the sign to add. Choose a contact, choose the new message option and it will add them to this page. Please let me know if this information help.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

....Not even remotely as that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking for help with.

I have a "messages" icon on my homescreen and thats great for messaging other people... but what I am saying is I have a Direct Message/text/SMS link to one specific contact sitting on my homescreen as well since this particular person is the person I typically text the most... thus its convenient and (usually) far less time consuming to click on their Direct Message icon to text them rather than Messages and then try to sift through my texts to find that one person.

What I am asking help for is sometimes when I click on the icon to directly message this specific contact, it will open up Messages or whatever text I was looking at previously rather than jumping straight to this specific contact's texts like its suppose to. I want to know how to make it stop going where every the heck it wants to and open the text window for that specific contact like its SUPPOSE to. Everything I can think of to troubleshoot this has not fixed it.

If you are unfamiliar with this, open up Personalize then click Shortcut... you should see Direct Dial and then Direct Message, clicking either one of these allows you to select a contact that you can directly contact without having to go through a bunch of different steps - Direct Message is what I am talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also, as an unrelated side note... I just tried to do what you suggested - open People then a specific contact. There is no "new message" option, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Issue went away, now its back. Help?

0 Likes