Disbale or lock Volume Rocker on right side of phone..
Chucki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am constantly turning off or on the voume on my TB.  The location of the Volume Rocker is always in the way.

Is there a way to lock or disdable it?

Re: Disbale or lock Volume Rocker on right side of phone..
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I've tried RingGuard (free on the app market). It doesn't do exactly what you (and I) probably want, but it does require you to acknowledge and accept any volume change it thinks you are making. I wish there was a widget that locked it "in" when it was set as I'd like.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information. Additionally, I provided steps on how to set the volume below:

1. Verify the ringer volume is set appropriately.
  2. Verify the ringtones selection.
    Note If necessary, select a different (louder) ringtone.
  3. Check to ensure there are no items obstructing the device speaker (cases, covers, thin plastic strips, etc.). 
Thank you, 
0 Likes
ChuckSea

Lena,

Your reply adds no useful information.

Since the design put the Rocker where it is, we need a way to lock it.

0 Likes
Davep1144
Chuck is being kind. Because of the location of the volume control bar, merely picking up or putting down the phone can result in pressing the bar and turning off the volume for the ringer. It is a bad design that can be fixed by a software patch. It is solutions like Lena's that infuriate me. Googling the problem revealed that other HTC models have the same issue. VZW did an update this week.....no volume lock. There are 3 possible reasons. Verizon doesn't know it's a problem, verizon doesn't care or verizon simply can't communicate with HTC. Blaming user error for bad design is a great way for HTC to loose customers. I doubt I'll ever buy another HTC phone.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Heres the app that should work for you...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/volume-locker/com.hourdb.volumelocker

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

RingGuard does the same thing. Both apps make you acknowledge a volume change with a pop-up.  I (and others IMO) are looking for a way to set our preferred volume level, then "lock" it at the setting until we "unlock" it to make a change without all the unnecessary pop-up yes/no acknowledge prompt.....I find myself "resting" my finger on the volume rocker with a little too much pressure while in landscape mode constantly. At least if I don't acknowledge within my 2 second setting window it auto reverts.

How hard can it be for HTC or Verizon to provide a way to lock this oversized, poorly placed button out?

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

There seem to be several of these, but I've been using Volume Control + Pro for a couple of weeks and it seems to be working very well with no problems or battery drain. I'm hard of hearing and have set all of the controls to high except for the media volume which I left unlocked so I can adjust to the volume of different songs.

I've tried adding a link, but am having trouble doing it, but just search the market for that app name.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Thank u pat for ur helpfullness
0 Likes