Display never-time-out while being charged: Possible?
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Is there an app or a hidden setting (or maybe a setting that's obvious but that I don't see) that prevents the Verizon HTC ONE display from timing out while it's connected to a charger?  I guess some apps can do this for their own function while they're running...but I'm asking about a setting that enables it globally.

My previous Android phone had this ability under Developer Options, but I don't see such a choice under the HTC ONE's Developer Options or anywhere else.

I'm asking about this ability on a "stock", unmodified, Verizon HTC ONE, of course, since that's all that's relevant on this forum.

0 Likes
Re: Display never-time-out while being charged: Possible?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it isn't in the developers options, then it might be possible that HTC wrote it out of the code. The option is still in the stock android developer settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

If it isn't in the developers options, then it might be possible that HTC wrote it out of the code. The option is still in the stock android developer settings.

Hmmm.... I wonder why HTC would do that?  Motorola didn't find it necessary, as shown on the screenshot from my Bionic.

I may have to do something about it if/when the opportunity presents itself.

Screenshot_2013-09-08-07-53-55b.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What does the HTC One developer options look like? Can you post a screenshot of that screen?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

What does the HTC One developer options look like? Can you post a screenshot of that screen?

Here's what the main Developer options screen looks like:

Developers_VZW-HTC-ONE.jpg

Comparing to the Bionic screen, on the HTC ONE the Stay Awake option is missing between Desktop backup password and Protect external storage.

And the options listed under "Advanced":

Developers-Advanced_VZW-HTC-ONE.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does appear to have been removed. No idea why. Maybe it's time to contact HTC directly and ask them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HighDesert, the possibilities are endless! You have the option of customizing the display screen on your device in Settings>Display, Gestures & Buttons> Sleep> 10 minutes. However, I apologize that there is not an option to keep the display from timing out while charging. The maximum time that you can choose is 10 minutes.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

HighDesert, the possibilities are endless! You have the option of customizing the display screen on your device in Settings>Display, Gestures & Buttons> Sleep> 10 minutes. However, I apologize that there is not an option to keep the display from timing out while charging. The maximum time that you can choose is 10 minutes.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Endless?  No -- the possibilities end at 10 minutes.

Why do CS people sound like they're on happy pills...joyously announcing that they can't help me?