Downloading Music
d0722j

I am a new Verizon and Android user. I was talked into the Thunderbolt from my previous iPhone. I have no idea where to download music from. I used to use iTunes, but there is not an iTunes for Android, so I am having a hard time figuring this one out. Definitely not as easy to use as the iPhone was.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading Music
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Where are your songs located on your computer?  I converted my songs to MP3 and they were saved in a sub folder to iTunes.  In settings on the HTC I found connect as hard drive, don't remember where it was.  Used the usb cable that came with the phone, plugged it in to my pc, windows vista recognized the phone I started looking for music/sounds folders on the HTC when I found them I copied and pasted from the pc now I have every song on the pc on the HTC and am well satisfied with it.

Can download as fast from one folder to the HTC as I could for iTunes to the iTouch.  I didn't try drag and drop put that would probably work also.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
thomjwilson
Enthusiast - Level 3
You could try double twist.
0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Where are your songs located on your computer?  I converted my songs to MP3 and they were saved in a sub folder to iTunes.  In settings on the HTC I found connect as hard drive, don't remember where it was.  Used the usb cable that came with the phone, plugged it in to my pc, windows vista recognized the phone I started looking for music/sounds folders on the HTC when I found them I copied and pasted from the pc now I have every song on the pc on the HTC and am well satisfied with it.

Can download as fast from one folder to the HTC as I could for iTunes to the iTouch.  I didn't try drag and drop put that would probably work also.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I use crackberry.com then have it email free ringtones. U can use the phone as a drive plug it into ur computer then click the song file, then send to there should say the name for the phone drive. Or u can email them to self as attachment download them on ur phone. U can put them on ur memory card with an adaptor then put it back on ur phone same as u would if it was a drive. I have an I touch so I can transfer non purchases only. Even if its on itunes there is a copy on ur computer under itunes folder.
0 Likes