I am really debating just getting a Droid X instead of the Thunderbolt. I have the OG Droid and it is not working well at all. I am not sure I need to wait for the T-Bolt. We won't have 4G here for a little I'm sure and the $300 price tag seems really high. Any thoughts. Am I going to really be mad at myself in a year?
right now you'll be thrilled. in a year you'll be mad at yourself. besides being 4g, it also has a front facing cam, more memory, etc. the battery is poor and it does not have hdmi like the X though. $300 is steep though!!!! but i've been waitning for a year for a front facing cam. i guess it depends on what features are important to you.
edit* then again....you may not want to wait THAT long:
looks like June now?
I have store credit for a new phone since my motorola droid broke and the verizon authorized retailer couldn't fix it.. They gave me a loaner phone for now, the old blackberry curve,which I think is pretty bad.. My current 2 year contract is up at the end of the summer so I was wondering if I should still wait for the htc thunderbolt to come out or jus get the droid x for now since my contract will be up in a few months anyway? I would be getting the Droid x for free with the store credit. Thanks!
I guess it depends on how badly you need a new device and what features you want.
I don't imaging the front camera being useful to me, nor would I care about the HDMI out.
If I had to get something right now, it would be the X. Also if you're not a huge data user you would have to weigh the extra price of 4G.
My brother is in the same position. I've been telling him to get the X since Christmas, now he's waiting on the Thunderbolt. I know he won't use the front camera and I know he won't make much use of the 4G. He would be much better off with the X.
You can get a one-year contract for a higher purchase price for the phone. It looks like the online price of the current Droid X with a one-year contract is $219.00.
From now on, ALL of my upgrades will be with a one-year contract (unavailable with the iPhone which is of no concern to me).
It's been a couple of weeks now. Any additional feedback as to whether someone should purchase a Droid X or a Thunderbolt? Has anybody who owned a Droid X switched to a TB?
I see that battery life seems to be a major issue. I currently own a Samsung Omnia 2 (which at times, has a short battery life) and I'm thinking of purchasing either the X or TB. I read that both have issues.
Does it come down to a coin toss?
There are many online retailers that are selling the phone for less such as Amazon,Wirefly & Letstalk.com. I went to a Verizon retailer and informed them of this and they gave it to me at an incredible price. Check out those sites