Dropping calls when going from 4G to 3G.....
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

So now that my hubby is using my TB he is having more problems... But the main thing that is bugging him is when he is in 4G. Where he works is all most all 4G service, and when the phone switches to 3G the call drops. OVER AND OVER!!! This is the 2nd replacement phone in about a weeks times b/c of this and a few other issues. 

Verizon says this is a new issue.... Surely not! I don't buy for one minute this isn't an unknown issue... So can someone help? I don't think getting another replacement will fix it. 

0 Likes
Re: Dropping calls when going from 4G to 3G.....
Wildman
Legend

I think I can agree that this is a new one, I havent read that one on any of the post that I can recall....  Actually I am not sure how switching from 3g to 4g or reverse would affect a call because the data connection does not normally interfer with the cell reception because those are running on diffrent radios..   I havent seen this as a issue on my device.

Are you sure that the device just didnt have a weak signal and lost the call because if you lose cell signal it could effect both at one time?

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I've ened had it happen to me going to the next town over that is 4g. Thought maybe it was the service. But as soon as it hits 4g the call is lost and you get that noise of a dropped call. 

Only thing Verizon can do is send another replacement. I've had 2 in the past 6 days for different reasons :smileysad:

Neither of us can win with this phone.. 

0 Likes
aquavenger

I am having the same problem now with the Samsung Galaxy S3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aquavenger! I don't want you to drop any calls and I'm here to help you with your Galaxy S3! I'd like to ask you to respond with the software version for your device. A new version was just recently sent out, and you can check the device for the update. Just go to Settings, About phone, then software update. it should update your version to IMM76D.I535VRALG7 . Please let me know if you were able to pull the update from your phone and what the results were. Thanks so much!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes