E-Mail Accounts Routinely Disappear
rmoorh

Hi,

I've had the thunderbolt since it was released, and have it setup for my AOL email, as well as 3 other POP accounts. All works fine, until randomly, every month or two, I'm browsing emails, the screen blinks, and then all my email accounts are gone, and I have to set them all up again. Any idea on what could be causing this, how to correct? I also have my gmail account setup and that works fine with no issues, it's just the 4 "non-Gmail" accounts that regularly disappear from the device!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail Accounts Routinely Disappear
photomutt

I'm having the same problem with my LG Spectrum.  My email accounts have disappeared twice in six weeks.  I'm tired of setting them up.  Plus, many times when I try, I get a "can't connect to server error" when everything else is connecting to the server just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, photomutt-

I sure this is getting frustrating for you! Are these corporate sync email accounts or personal imap/pop3 accounts? Who is the email provider? Certain email providers do work best with their own Android application, rather than the builti-in email support.  Keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mrsvinylrock

I am having the identical issue as above. My email accounts...pop3 ...are routinely disappearing. One is hosted by network solutions, I don't know the other. But I frequently have trouble with the emails being downloaded, then randomly they entire account just disappears and I have to set it up again. This is very frustrating. I bought a smart phone mostly for the email capability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Mrsvinylrock!

Email on the go is definitely a key feature of having a smartphone! Let's get you mobile again for email.

Do you have any third party applications such as Task Killers, Battery Savers, or Antiviruses?

If so, I would uninstall them!  These applications tend to cause system instability and can cause these types of issues!

I triple checked and I don't see any actual recorded reports for our HTC liason. Please advise regarding the applications.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Mrsvinylrock

Hi, I have an lg Spectrum, not HTC. And no apps such as you describe. Thanks for asking! I hope it doesn't happen again. It's happened several time.

Susan

Sent from my iPad; please forgive errant typing and autocorrects.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mrsvinylrock wrote:

Hi, I have an lg Spectrum, not HTC. And no apps such as you describe. Thanks for asking! I hope it doesn't happen again. It's happened several time.

Susan

Well, it didn't help you tacked your question onto an existing discussion regarding the HTC Thunderbolt in the space instead of creating your own new discussion/question.

Also the anti-virus, task killers and battery savers are third party applications you could have installed from the Play Store and can sometimes cause application conflicts with the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mrsvinylrock

No reason to get snippy about where I posted it. I just searched for the problem in your website and added to a relevant post. And I know where apps come from, and no, I don't have any.

0 Likes
marinequeen

Hi, I am having the same issue with an HTC Thunderbolt. Did you ever have your issue resolved by Verizon? I have called tech support twice and they haven't been able to help.

0 Likes