Email notifications
dysfunkshun
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do i change it?  I went through sounds and my notification sound is correct, but for whatever reason I get 2 email notifications, the first will just start playing a song from my music very loud and i cant figure out how to change it, and the second which comes a few minutes later is the correct sound.  im tired of being woken up in the middle of the night when getting an email!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email notifications
Wildman
Legend

If the device is the same as Droid X, try these settings...

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

What email app are you using?

You may want to check in your email app, if there is a notification setting within the app itself.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the device is the same as Droid X, try these settings...

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

0 Likes
dysfunkshun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I figured out what I was doing wrong!  Basically, I was under the impression that the default mail and gmail apps were the same.  So when i turned off notifications on the default mail app, I was still getting the gmail notification, which is the envelope with the bold white M in the notification panel.  Thanks for your help, and hopefully someone else can learn from my mistakes!

0 Likes