Error Message downloading apps
ajwd40

This is a two day old issue with my phone.  Everytime I try to download an application off the market it says "Download error.  Download was unsuccessful, please try again."  I have my background data enabled, I dunno what to check as far as my settings are concerned.  Anyone have input?

0 Likes
Re: Error Message downloading apps
widssss

I'm having a similar problem , but at least you're getting an error message. Mine just hangs,saying it's downloading. The progress bar never moves. I had a few Apps. downloading for 12 hours today, lol. I'm hoping it's an easy fix , but what disappoints me is that such an advanced piece of technology doesn't recognize that something isn't downloading and direct me to how to fix it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to your phone's settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the market application and select it. Press the clear cache button, the clear data button and force close/stop the application. Go back to your home screen. (Optional: reboot the phone at this point) Open the Market application, accept the terms and conditions again. Search for the app you want to install and try downloading it again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
korriwood

did you figure it out? my phone is doing the same thing while other peoples phones in my home work. what the heck?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi korriwood,

Thank you Ann154 for the steps provided. Korriwood, were you able to follow the steps provided by Ann154 to see if that resolved the issue for you? If not, please complete the steps and try again. In addition, I want to ask if you have tried a soft reset of the device? Here are the steps to complete this process.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39334&sayt=soft

Once completing these steps, please try again to access the Android Market.

I trust this information is helpful for you.

Thanks and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes