Extra partition?
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

If anyone has any experience with this please enlighten me. My phone nearly always exhibits a data connection when data on is not checked. How is this even possible? I have checked settings in pull down menu and in settings both are unchecked. Data connection still shows 3g with blinking arrows indicating that packets are being transmitted. Also, today I opened up my microsoft mail app and it is asking me to set up my accounts. My accounts have been set up for three months in this application. I check in application managrment to see if setup data was cleared. No it was not. I accept that this could be some kind of freakish application behavior or memory leak but when you turn data off you expect that it will be OFF. While this ghost connection is present, web browsing is unavailable but checking for ota updates completes without error. Any insight would be appreciated. I have gone through the usual steps already without resolution.

0 Likes
Re: Extra partition?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm curious as to how this is happening too, lemew! There are a couple of places that control the data connections on the device. Check settings> wireless & networks> mobile networks. Ensure the setting for always on mobile isn't enabled.  You give that a shot and let us know? The toggle may not disable data altogether.  Give this a shot in a different menu and let us know the results.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Great suggestion! I've not looked at that. Thank you for the response.

0 Likes
tips456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah with the HTC THUNDERBOLT i noticed that the quick settings menu lagged alot when toggling items so I would say to go through settings to turn off data.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Good to know as well.  Thanks tips456!

0 Likes