Fix For Messages That Disappeared From Software Update
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

OK, This seems to be connected to the Market. From another forum, I just found out about an update to the Android Market. After downloading and installing it, my Software Update is now back to working as normal and I have downloaded and am installing the update.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdocx41t37rnn6y

0 Likes
Re: Fix For Messages That Disappeared From Software Update
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Since the last post, I've read that if you open Market and leave it open for 10 to 15 minutes, it will auto update. You may want try that first if you want, but I haven't tried it myself and did the manual download before I read about it.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated the market.

Still no update from Verizon.

I can't believe is it's been 5 days and it is still not available for a manual download.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I never updated the market app and check for new update stopped disappearing for me this morning. I don't think the Market app is related to the firmware update. It might have just been a disconnect from the Verizon server to prevent the server from being overloaded.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe it was a coincidence, but my Software Update mesages just suddenly appearing again right after I updated the Market would be one heck of a coincidence.

Once the Software Update starts working correctly again, you may still not be able to get the update if it hasn't been pushed to you. I think mine had probably been pushed to me, but I just couldn't download it until the Software Update started working correctly again.

Whether it was updating the Market, or a coincidence, I now have the update.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

The OTA update and the Google Market are two completely different unrelated things, so it must be just coincidence.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I never said it was connected to the update. What I said was that my Software Update function began working again after I updated the Market and I was then able to get the OTA.

And I also have no idea what updating the Market would have to do with fixing the Software Update feature, so it's entirely possible that it was a coincidence, just one with somewhat freaky timing.

0 Likes