Forget Swipe check out SwiftKey X
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I have used swiftkey on all my Androids as it is my favorite keyboard. Today I downloaded the free beta version of SwiftKey X and it is awesome. Give it a try I highly recommend it. 

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey.phone.trial&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Re: Forget Swipe check out SwiftKey X
AZSALUKI
Legend

nice app. i still like being able to swype with one thumb though. maybe i'll use them both. swype is still the only one i can manage to type with, one-handed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have already managed to get a force close (twice including once while typing this reply) on SwiftKey X beta today. :smileysad: I have been using their private beta for a few weeks. There are improvements, but it broke the predictions in the stock email app. I'm still sad about it. I like using the keyboard and am willing to live with the bugs in the beta version while they iron them out, but it gets frustrating at times.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have to give them props. There was already an update on the market to address the force closes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wow. I must say, this is MUCH better than the stock keyboard. Thank you for posting this!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Flex t9 I honestly think is still better.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
I have to give them props. There was already an update on the market to address the force closes.

i'm actually going to have to dump it. my battery got hot immidiately after i began using it as my default today. also, my text threads ar now showing up out of order after i sent the first text using it as the keyboard. finally, my up time and awake time were VERY similar ever since i loaded it. it seems nice, but i'm sticking with swype.

as a side note, i know greenrobot has had a number of issues. this is a prime example of an app causing them. i'm glad swiftkeyX beta is working for you, but it's crushing my tbolt. if you're installing apps like these when you are getting replacements, then this can happen. my battery never hit 40 degrees celsius......until today.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yikes that doesn't sound good.

And you're right each person's needs and tolerances are different. It wouldn't hurt me if SwiftKey isn't a good fit for you.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

i'm actually going to have to dump it. my battery got hot immidiately after i began using it as my default today. also, my text threads ar now showing up out of order after i sent the first text using it as the keyboard. finally, my up time and awake time were VERY similar ever since i loaded it. it seems nice, but i'm sticking with swype.

as a side note, i know greenrobot has had a number of issues. this is a prime example of an app causing them. i'm glad swiftkeyX beta is working for you, but it's crushing my tbolt. if you're installing apps like these when you are getting replacements, then this can happen. my battery never hit 40 degrees celsius......until today.

That's unfortunate that it didn't play well with your tbolt. It works perfectly on my DX. I gotta say, I don't know how you can stand to use the swype keyboard, that thing drove me crazy.

Also, I agree about the apps causing the issues on their replacements. I've offered that as a suggestion to them in one of their other threads, but they don't seem to want to believe that.

0 Likes