G Mail Issue
MawThunderbolt

When I first got my phone, I set up my g-mail account and would get notifications upon new e-mails. All was great. Now, I have to manually go into g-mail and refresh to see new e-mails. I haven't changed any settings. I've tried removing and adding back the account, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G Mail Issue
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Did you go into your menu->settings->accounts & sync and make sure that the auto-sync and background data boxes are checked?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Did you go into your menu->settings->accounts & sync and make sure that the auto-sync and background data boxes are checked?

0 Likes
MawThunderbolt

Thanks, hopefully that will work. This phone has a way of resetting things back to defaults. Not loving that!

0 Likes
MawThunderbolt

I checked off the auto-sync and within a few minutes, it checked my mail. I am a happy camper! I don't use g-mail as my primary mail, but I do like to be notified when I get the messages, nonetheless. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Glad to hear it is working for you.  Not sure, but it is possible to turn off sync with a widget as well, so it's possible you may have inadvertently pushed it someplace else other than in settings.

I also have several email accounts, but I really like the push feature of gmail, so I've tied all my accounts to my Google account so I only have to check one source for all my emails.

There are also some 3rd party email apps you may find useful.  I know alot of people swear by K9 email app.

Anyways, glad to hear your all back up and running correctly... for now, LOL.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
check it every once in a while. i check to to if any apps have downloaded/updated that i don't want, google books keeps trying it.
0 Likes