Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
G Mail Issue
MawThunderbolt

When I first got my phone, I set up my g-mail account and would get notifications upon new e-mails. All was great. Now, I have to manually go into g-mail and refresh to see new e-mails. I haven't changed any settings. I've tried removing and adding back the account, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: G Mail Issue
Dnakaman
Novice

Did you go into your menu->settings->accounts & sync and make sure that the auto-sync and background data boxes are checked?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Novice

Did you go into your menu->settings->accounts & sync and make sure that the auto-sync and background data boxes are checked?

0 Likes
MawThunderbolt

Thanks, hopefully that will work. This phone has a way of resetting things back to defaults. Not loving that!

0 Likes
MawThunderbolt

I checked off the auto-sync and within a few minutes, it checked my mail. I am a happy camper! I don't use g-mail as my primary mail, but I do like to be notified when I get the messages, nonetheless. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Novice

Glad to hear it is working for you.  Not sure, but it is possible to turn off sync with a widget as well, so it's possible you may have inadvertently pushed it someplace else other than in settings.

I also have several email accounts, but I really like the push feature of gmail, so I've tied all my accounts to my Google account so I only have to check one source for all my emails.

There are also some 3rd party email apps you may find useful.  I know alot of people swear by K9 email app.

Anyways, glad to hear your all back up and running correctly... for now, LOL.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader
check it every once in a while. i check to to if any apps have downloaded/updated that i don't want, google books keeps trying it.
0 Likes