GMail No Longer Auto-Syncing After Recent Update
jboslooper

I recently updated my Thunderbolt to 1.70.605.0 and since then I have noticed that my GMail app is no longer notifying or syncing my gmail automatically.

If i got into gmail and manually sync it, the new emails will show up, but on its own, no new emails. 

I also recently updated the gmail app to the latest version with hopes that this would help but no good.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GMail No Longer Auto-Syncing After Recent Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try clearing the data in the gmail app. This should force a full resync and reset the push system.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the gmail app. Select it and press the clear data button and then the force close button. Go back to your homescreen and open the gmail app again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: GMail No Longer Auto-Syncing After Recent Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try clearing the data in the gmail app. This should force a full resync and reset the push system.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the gmail app. Select it and press the clear data button and then the force close button. Go back to your homescreen and open the gmail app again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes