Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt?
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

HTC has said in the past that the Thunderbolt will be getting Gingerbread OTA upate by the end of Quarter 2 which would mean were getting it by the end of this month. I'm kinda curious if they are going to combine the fix for this last update(rebooting, signal issues, etc) with the Gingerbread update or if they will be 2 seperate ones. I'm also curious to how the phone is going to perform with Gbread. I'm completely stoked for it, hoping it will help with battery life among other things. What does everyone think will happen? Are they gonna combine the two OTA upates?

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt?
LogicRob

It all depends on when verizon wants to release the update though from what I have heard, I find it stupid if they don't allow their customers to upgrade their phones to the newest update without beta testing it first of course and see how it fixes any issues. The problems that I have heard people having when they root their phones to be able to get gingerbread is that they'd either brick it or something else.  Here is a list of features it will have: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/burnette/top-10-features-in-android-23-gingerbread/2143?tag=rbxccnbzd1 I'm not aware of what it will fix but I think it may fix a lot of the issues that people are currently having. The processor won't be overloaded, it will have better task management capabilities and such and more.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
there was a release may 15th for the tb, not sure if it was gb as it's a different platform.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:
there was a release may 15th for the tb, not sure if it was gb as it's a different platform.

That was just a maintenance release and didn't even change the Froyo version.  So no it wasn't Gingerbread. :smileysad:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
thanks
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is currently a leak out right now.  It's only a matter of time.  Be patient and I am 100% you guys will get the update.  Best to let them do it right vs. having them rush just to make over-zelious people happy.  End result will more than likely be worth it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

a leak, oh really!!

why would motorola do an update for an htc product?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

bearone21 wrote:

a leak, oh really!!

why would motorola do an update for an htc product?

Who said anything about motorola?  There's been a GB 2.3.4/sense 2.1 leak floating around for the Thunderbolt for about 3 weeks.  It's a little smoother and not really all that different from Froyo other than the toggles in the notification bar and a different app drawer that has a section for Frequently Used and Downloaded apps.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

most of what i googled about it said nexus, tb wasn't mentioned, whatever.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As pointed out there's a leak out and a lot of roms based on the leak on XDA.  News "cough "rumor" *cough are often late with the news about things unless it gets the clicks for cash.

0 Likes