Good for Enterprise on HTC Thunderbolt
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my HTC Thunderbolt today and was all excited to activate the phone on my corporate network to sync up my exchange server mails using Good for enterprise app from the market. In order to do this Verizon has to enable the "Mobile Messaging" feature code 73666 for this device. To my surprise I learnt that this feature is currently not enabled by Verizon for this phone.

Apparently, most of the sales folks weren't very familiar with this feature which happens to be a requirement for large corporate customers supporting Android phones on their network using Good for enterprise app for mail, contacts, calendar etc. sync.

Can someone from VZW respond ASAP and let me know if this feature will be turned on for HTC Thunderbolt? else I would with regret have to return this phone. Also, did anyone else in this forum experience this problem and did you find out any work around? any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Good for Enterprise on HTC Thunderbolt
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is an update in this matter; I spoke with an VZW data rep and noted that the ability to enable feature code 73666 is now available for HTC Thunderbolt. Once this was done, I had to uninstall and re-install the Good for enterprise app. With a new code from my corporate IT, I was able to sync my new phone with our exchange server. Thanks to everyone in this forum who provided their insights in this matter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer forum.  There are some VZW employees that post on the community, but not regularly.  You might want to consider call Customer Service at  1-800-922-0204 from a different phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
They do have a business support center that can be reached through customer service. The reps there may be a bit more familiar with the feature.
0 Likes
MoshingPanda

So, as an update for this, I just got off of the phone with Goodlink and it looks like Verizon is having trouble applying that service code to their LTE customers.   Goodlink is going to be applying a patch in the next few days.

If you call Goodlink's technical support line, they'll most likely apply a 10 day trial code to your account to hold you over until they release the patch.  (At least that's what they're doing for me.)

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is very helpful. Let me try calling them Monday morning. Hopefully, I can get some resolution from Good Link. Thank you once again. I'll update this forum, once I resolve this.

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is an update in this matter; I spoke with an VZW data rep and noted that the ability to enable feature code 73666 is now available for HTC Thunderbolt. Once this was done, I had to uninstall and re-install the Good for enterprise app. With a new code from my corporate IT, I was able to sync my new phone with our exchange server. Thanks to everyone in this forum who provided their insights in this matter.

0 Likes
azkeith

YIKES!!!!!

I have been trying to get Good for Enterprise to work on my Thundebolt, but during the installation I received a pop up that said my data plan was not compatible.  I read the thread above and thought this would be an easy solution, but when I called Verizon they told me I would now have to upgrade my data data plan at an additional cost of $15 per month!

I told the customer service person that I have Good on my AT&T iPhone now (with no additional charge) and had it on my Sprint EVO4G (with no additional charge), but she was insistent I would have to pay an additional $15 per month.

I'll likely return the phone, as paying an additional $15 per month for the "privilege" of getting work e-mails on my personal phone is a little maddening!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, they require the 44.99 corporate data plan for Good support similar to those who are on a BES with a blackberry.  And last time I looked online at Sprint, they had their own separate charge for Good?

0 Likes