Re: Got the Gingerbread update
AZSALUKI
Legend

gina7289 wrote:
So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here

it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.

edit: i just saw the post you are refering to. maybe they did pull the update.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

DroidM wrote:

Got the Update A little after midnight the day it came out.

Performace wise phone seems to run alot smother and the batery life althou nothing to write home about is some what improved. SKYP works great over 4G, 3G and WiFi and with the FFC. I have not had any truble with G-Talk (Tride it once if you go under seting you have the option to alow video)

I Realy like the added quick seting tab in the notification pull down. Quite handy to have. Did not notice alot of added APs so no complaints there realy. The AP Draw alows me to sort between all APs, Down Loaded APs, Favorits, and VZW. My only complaint is that it's not customizable. My wifes Droid 2 can create new folder (Draws?) Id have loved to be able to do that.

The Car Dock AP is broken which is a pain but hopefuly will be adressed I dont' have the Voice Mail Glitch because i use G-Voice untill it gets fixed thouse dealing with it might want to consider third party options. There normaly free and easy to set up. Other then that no realy complaints for me.

Update: Well when I tried the G-Talk Video Chat I simplty did it to see if it works. What i failed to notice is that it only worked with my back camera and not the FFC. Dose anybudy know of a work around for this?? I have looked in setting and found nothing and no option to switch the camera during the chat. SKYPE as I mentioned dose work great thou, but I have contacts that use both so Im hoping to find a way to get G-Talk to work...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

gina7289 wrote:
So is it still on or cancelled? Theres a post said cancelled before I put it here

it wasn't pulled. people are still getting it.

edit: i just saw the post you are refering to. maybe they did pull the update.

:smileysad: I went ahead and did a factory reset my phone this weekend and now my phone won't find the Gingerbread update.  I know I rejected it earlier on the first day it was out so I don't know if that is the reason or if it really was pulled. :smileysad:  I could even live with the broken VM notification and I use the standard basic VM.  I am going to keep my phone fairly clean of apps for a while and see if the update come around again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ann....they pulled it. too many complaints about the VM issue. you'll have to wait untill they push it again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, I kind of figured that was case. I did find out one thing that hasbeen bugging me since the last factory reset I did to the Thunderbolt. The boot animation is different for a phone that isn't setup at all versus one that is. If I have some time in the next week, I will see if I can trim the one video and post both videos to the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

I got a notification about 9:15P 10/3 that there was a SW update.  I immediately canceled it and got the SW update cancelled box.  I don't know if it was the MR2 release or the GB release I don't remeber if the notification box said. 

I will stay with MR1, I think, until the cows roost or whatever it is that cows are supposed to do.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearx16 wrote:

I got a notification about 9:15P 10/3 that there was a SW update.  I immediately canceled it and got the SW update cancelled box.  I don't know if it was the MR2 release or the GB release I don't remeber if the notification box said. 

I will stay with MR1, I think, until the cows roost or whatever it is that cows are supposed to do.

9:15 pm on 10/3/2011? Did someone invent a time machine and forget to tell me?

0 Likes
Re: Got the Gingerbread update: >>>> THIS MAY BE THE REASON WHY IT WAS STOPPED !
B33
Legend

If you havent read this artical that i pute on here.  Via >> the link that you can click on Here you should As Htc might of bit off more than it can chew. An could pute our phones an the info thats on them in a bad spot.!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/01/massive-security-vulnerability-in-htc-android-devices-evo-3d...

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

bearx16 wrote:

I got a notification about 9:15P 10/3 that there was a SW update.  I immediately canceled it and got the SW update cancelled box.  I don't know if it was the MR2 release or the GB release I don't remember if the notification box said. 

9:15 pm on 10/3/2011? Did someone invent a time machine and forget to tell me?

:smileyvery-happy:  oops Thanks Ann,  10/2, had more than one thing on my mind and got, easily, confused.  All you whiz kids get this TB straightened out, I'm gonna to be gone for awhile and when I get back I want to see that everything with the TB has been taken care of.

EDIT

To B33:  I read your article.  All I can say about that is:smileymad: and I don't know what to do about it, so again, I'm back to letting all the whiz kids take care of the problem and theN hope one of them will tell me what to do.......that's DO NOT where to go.  

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well this was a news article from the fine folks at Android Police. The link was also posted in the Droid Incredible Post but i did'nt know if one's that have a T-bolt would see it since it was posted there so i went ahead an posted it Here. This can be scary stuff if one's can get access to our Info on our phones. As many have there credit cards , and banking an other very important information on them.

Imediate Action Needs to Taken An HTC had better listen to us all. An fix the Problem

0 Likes