Re: Got the Gingerbread update
silvrhand

sigh.. if they can't figure out the update at least let us unlock our phones and do our own upgrades.  This is getting beyond ridiculous it's not like this isn't something that should have been picked up in a test harness in their lab.

Verizon/HTC where is my update, I'm paying a premium for a premium device I expect to get premium service as well.

0 Likes
Re: Got the Gingerbread update : Fix For Security Flaw Coming Soon!
B33
Legend

HTC say's there's a Fix comeing for the security flaw Soon: That's good news not leaving it on the back burner to simmer an acting quickly about it.It will be pushed out by OTA soon after Carrier Testing. 

Via this link: 

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-fix-way-security-flaw

0 Likes
Re: Got the Gingerbread update : Fix For Security Flaw Coming Soon!
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

There's that word again ("Soon") :smileymad:

The Verizon and HTC definition of that word is nothing like Merriam Webster's or and other reasonable dictionary:smileysad:

0 Likes
UserID

I got mine today. The 140 some mb download took less than 5 minutes. The phone finished the update while I was doing other tasks. Probably less than 30 minutes total time.

So far everything looks like it is working as it should.

Dave

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

UserID wrote:

I got mine today. The 140 some mb download took less than 5 minutes. The phone finished the update while I was doing other tasks. Probably less than 30 minutes total time.

So far everything looks like it is working as it should.

Dave

double post, I don't know how that happened.

Using Internet Explorer 9?  If so, turn on the compatiblity mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
IHateDroid2

So I got an install notice last night on my cell at home I thought it was for one of my apps..... yea no it was for GB 2.3.... I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! It kills my battery, my phone is sooooo slow now, and it deleted all my texts!! I called Verizon and they can't do anything about it like normal......If I had been told the update would delete my texts I wouldn't have done it!!! I even called Motorola and they can put my phone back on the old version either.... AND I was told they Pulled the update for Droid 2 because of these issues.... so WHY was it sent to me??? He had no idea why I even got it because he said I shouldn't have.... Verizon needs to do WAY better on their customer service!!! They can do a backup assistance for contacts why not have it for all the info on ur phone?? so when they send out updates they shouldn't send out, you don't loose all your stuff......I am really starting to HATE verizon!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

IHateDroid2 wrote:

So I got an install notice last night on my cell at home I thought it was for one of my apps..... yea no it was for GB 2.3.... I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! It kills my battery, my phone is sooooo slow now, and it deleted all my texts!! I called Verizon and they can't do anything about it like normal......If I had been told the update would delete my texts I wouldn't have done it!!! I even called Motorola and they can put my phone back on the old version either.... AND I was told they Pulled the update for Droid 2 because of these issues.... so WHY was it sent to me??? He had no idea why I even got it because he said I shouldn't have.... Verizon needs to do WAY better on their customer service!!! They can do a backup assistance for contacts why not have it for all the info on ur phone?? so when they send out updates they shouldn't send out, you don't loose all your stuff......I am really starting to HATE verizon!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ONE > You posted your complaint in the Thunderbolt forum. There is a DROID & Droid 2 forum for news,issues and information on your Droid 2 phone. TWO > The Gingerbread update for the Droid 2 Global started rolling out to users on Tuesday if this article is any indication. http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/18/droid-2-global-4-5-608-update-resumes-after-minor-delay/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes