Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls. Mic stops working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Boghey ,

Let's get your phone's audio working right!

The HTC One has two microphones for the audio; one on the bottom end next to the micro usb port, another on the back of the phone near the upper right hand corner. It is possible that you may be accidentally covering one or both microphones with your hand or a case/cover. For the best call audio experience, please ensure that the microphones are not blocked.

Please remove any protective cases or covers if they are blocking the microphones. Also check the microphone holes for debris or other obstructions. Please retest without any covers or case and make sure you're not accidentally blocking the speakers. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls. Mic stops working.
Boghey

Thanks for the reply.

I've made sure that I wasn't accidentally covering either microphone. And I don't have a case on my phone. I also tried to make sure the microphone wasn't obstructed.

I'm not really sure why people can hear me just fine when I am on speaker phone, but not when it is off. Is this an indication of a software issue, rather than a hardware one?

Dan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking all necessary precautions already, Boghey.
This is something that could be a network issue depending on the situation. Does this happen everywhere you go with the phone and what size of area are we talking about(ex 5-10 miles)? Does this occur on every call or just some calls? Does this happen if you use a headset?
If you answered yes to a majority of these questions, it would be best to replace the device under the warranty.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
GrahamTyler

I am having the same problem with my HTC ONE.  I've tried removing the case but it makes no difference.  It seems to be worse in quiet environments so I'm wondering if it's the noise cancelling feature.  Is it cancelling out my voice when there's no other ambient noise?  I use this phone primarily for business so it's become almost unusable when every client I speak to tells me they can't hear me.  I've had the phone for almost a year and I just keep hoping that a software update will fix it but no luck so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Graham Tyler,

Let's get you back talking on that awesome phone ASAP! Have you tried powering the device off and back on? We encourage you to run the device in Safe Mode here are the steps http://vz.to/1fIO8aj . If that does not work we want to make sure that there is nothing covering the earpiece like any plastic or screen protector. The last step that we would do is reset the device. Here are the steps for that http://vz.to/NmuA4Id

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SPBeams

I have the same problem.  I am on my second phone with the same results, I will be speaking with someone and they will suddenly not hear me.  The problem goes away when I go to speaker phone.  Since this seems to be a common problem is there ANY news of a fix?  Or is everyone still being told that it must be something they are doing wrong?

0 Likes
wtm3

I have the same problem reported in this thread. 

People on the other end of my calls have reported problems hearing me over the last two weeks.

Yesterday, the microphone quit on a call.  The speaker phone works, ear buds work, bluetooth works.

I tried recording from the mircophone into Note and the result was static.

I have removed the Ottertbox protective cover, blown into microphone and speakers to clear and lightly used a toothbrush to clear also.

I am running HTC One Kit Kat 4.4.2.  Owned about 5 1/2 months

I ran the phone in "safe mode" and the microphone still doesn't work as described above.

Is my only recourse to do a reset, load apps back, confirm mic does not work, and send the phone in for repair?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wtm3, we don't want this problem to duplicate with you too! The last resort to resolve this issue would be to hard reset it. If that doesn't work then we can provide you with warranty replacement device as long as there's no physical or liquid damage. By the way, is there any physical/liquid damage on your device?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
SPBeams

I have all ready replaced the phone once and am still having a problem. This phone has no physical/liquid damage. The replacement phone that I was sent was "reconditioned" and not new. I am very disappointed with the phones performance.

Steve Beams

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a reliable device at all time, SPBeams! Which model phone fo you have? What is going on with it? Please share details so that I can help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes