Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls. Mic stops working.
SPBeams

As I said, It's an HTC . People on the other end of a call cannot hear me or I will fade out while talking. When I put the phone on speaker it works just fine. This is a replacement phone, the previous one did the exact same thing. Will you authorize a replacent for this one that I can go to a store and do an exchange?

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls. Mic stops working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information SPBeams. I'm sure this is frustrating to have happen when on calls. Let's get this taken care of. Does this happen on every call, or random? Do you notice any pattern such as in building, outdoors, specific location, time of day, etc.?

Also, stores don't have warranty replacements. To get replaced, we do have to ship out to you. However, let's see if we can't get your phone working right before we go into replacing, as last phone did same thing. I'm hoping we can trigger issue to resolve.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GrahamTyler

Thank you for your reply.  I've tried all your suggestions and none of them have helped with my problem - callers still say they can't hear me.  Judging by all the comments and complaints I've read online, not just for Verizon but for all carriers, it seems this is a widespread problem with the HTC One.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GrahamTyler,

We want your callers to hear you loud and clear! Has there been any liquid or physical damage to your device? Does the issue happen on all callers or just specific contacts? What software version is your device on?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsuport

0 Likes
tearoses

aaaaak, i am having this identical issue! folks can hear me (ok) on speaker phone, not at all on regular phone. i also use this phone for work and it's a tremendous problem. i'm not so interested in another HTC One, given the track record... what can we do??

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls.  Mic stops working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tearoses.

We need to make sure your phone doesn't interfere with your work. Has there been any damage to your phone? Do you have a case on your device that may be covering the microphone? If so, please try removing your case and test your phone. Keep us posted!

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls.  Mic stops working.
mcs0662

Just picked up my HTC one less than a month ago and now the Mic isn't working now worked yesterday and the day before now today I have to put it on speaker to talk what's the fix for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to hear all those important conversations mcs0662! Has anything changed on the device since this started, such as a new app or feature setting? Have you tried powering the device completely down? Will the sound work with headphones or an earpiece?

JonathanK_VZW

0 Likes
tearoses

she has a case. it's not the problem. as with everyone else here, she works fine on speaker, and she works fine with a headset. she just doesn't work otherwise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, tearoses. Let's check a few things. Please go to Settings>About>Software Information and let us know the software number you see. Also, please go to Settings>Call>CDMA call settings and turn off Voice Privacy. Let us know if that helps with the microphone and noise cancellation sensitivity.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes