HELP!:TB switching to/from car/desktop mode on its own and won't connect to computer
snowbdr88

When I charge my Thunderbolt, it will randomly switch to/from desktop mode on its own. Also, it won't recognize the VZW car mount any longer. I have the app to turn on the car mode, but occasionally it will turn off, on its own, as well.

In addition to all this, my computer can't find my TB, no matter what setting I use to "Connect to PC"!

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: HELP!:TB switching to/from car/desktop mode on its own and won't connect to computer
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Honestly not sure about car mount as I've never used that but for your pc you could try downloading the latest HTC sync from their website. It should contain the drivers to enable the computer to see the phone.

Re: HELP!:TB switching to/from car/desktop mode on its own and won't connect to computer
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you lemew for your reply.

Hello snowbdr88

The problems your describing with your device, sound very irritating. Let's get this fixed as soon as possible.

Did this issue start after you downloaded an application? If so please delete the application and retest.

Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's the link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40136

Here are the instructions for USB connection:

USB Mass Storage Mode: Allows user to transfer files between PC and device's MicroSD Card.
The device must contain a memory card and be connected to a PC via a USB cable for this feature to work.

From the home screen, touch and hold the window shade (located at the top of the screen). 
Drag the window shade to the bottom of the screen

Enable USB Mass Storage
From the window shade, touch option below Ongoing Notification options, the below window will display once user
has connected device to PC. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these issues.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes