HTC Data Dashboard widget bug?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
As anyone else noticed when they use the data dashboard widget on Stock Gingerbread OS for the Thunderbolt not acting the same way as it did with the FroYo Android OS?

Before I could quickly switch on & off the wifi connection through the wifi symbol on the data dashboard. Now with Gingerbread, the wifi symbol on the dashboard opens the Wifi settings.

The individual wifi widget still quickly switches wifi on and off.

Any suggestions?

For the VZW employees that read this, can you possibly add this to any bug fix list from the Gingerbread update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Data Dashboard widget bug?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Okay, I checked out the HTC Rhyme tonight. It is running Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense 3.5 on it. The data dashboard widget works exactly like how the widget does on my Thunderbolt. So, not a bug just different way of turning on/off the wifi connection. Annoying for sure. Change happened and I am not moving with the flow.

I still prefer the previous way that the widget worked.

Not really a solution, but an acceptance of the way HTC changed the widget.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I noticed that also but I could not be sure of how it worked before. You can also turn it off in quick settings on notifications pull down
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RMLJ wrote:
I noticed that also but I could not be sure of how it worked before. You can also turn it off in quick settings on notifications pull down
That is a thought for a workaround, but I am definitely not used to having the quick settings available in notification window. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I still use the widgets also somehow it just feels better lol I guess I'm crazy just can't get used to the drop down. You know something about a dog and some tricks.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Okay, I checked out the HTC Rhyme tonight. It is running Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense 3.5 on it. The data dashboard widget works exactly like how the widget does on my Thunderbolt. So, not a bug just different way of turning on/off the wifi connection. Annoying for sure. Change happened and I am not moving with the flow.

I still prefer the previous way that the widget worked.

Not really a solution, but an acceptance of the way HTC changed the widget.

0 Likes