Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I was wondering if anyone has used the new HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter that was released by HTC at http://www.htcaccessories.com.au/DG_H100.aspx

 

 



0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
RMLJ
Novice
Nah but have used the dlna with laptop. It's pretty neat for videos and such.
0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yeah that is cool, I use ir all the tume when I am at home but the MediaLink would be nice when I go overs friends and families house and the want to see videos I have on phone of kids and family.  I just dont know about the sticker price...

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

question: with this device, could i also stream from my pc to my tv? so i wouldn't need a Roku or google tv or an internet ready dvd player, correct? this thing would work for that stuff?

 

thanks

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

question: with this device, could i also stream from my pc to my tv? so i wouldn't need a Roku or google tv or an internet ready dvd player, correct? this thing would work for that stuff?

 

thanks


If the PC doesnt have DLNA you can not stream from PC to TV, the simple way is to connect a pc to tv and then network pcs and this way you can stream from a pc to tv through network..

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Wildman wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

question: with this device, could i also stream from my pc to my tv? so i wouldn't need a Roku or google tv or an internet ready dvd player, correct? this thing would work for that stuff?

 

thanks


If the PC doesnt have DLNA you can not stream from PC to TV, the simple way is to connect a pc to tv and then network pcs and this way you can stream from a pc to tv through network..


my tv is nowhere near my pc. i was hoping this would work, because i actually find the price tag reasonable (if it supported my pc) and the size is right. i have a wii that allows netflix streaming, and has a browser.....but the browser is awful and without a keyboard, is very inconvenient. i should have just bought an internet tv....lol. tried to save $200 and i'll likely end up spending it on some sort of device that will let me access my pc and the web, from the tv.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
chuckwilmot
Member

http://www.computercablestore.com/Vivid_AV_USB_to_HDMI_Adap_PID49812.aspx?gclid=CK38xauc-KsCFQdShwod...

 

I wonder if this would work???  Not wireless, but a heckofa lot cheaper than the other..

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

chuckwilmot wrote:

http://www.computercablestore.com/Vivid_AV_USB_to_HDMI_Adap_PID49812.aspx?gclid=CK38xauc-KsCFQdShwod...

 

I wonder if this would work???  Not wireless, but a heckofa lot cheaper than the other..


They are looking for a wireless method because the device isnt near the TV so a cable isnt a solution from what was posted. 

0 Likes
Re: HTC Media Link wireless DLNA adapter
chuckwilmot
Member

They are looking for a wireless method because the device isnt near the TV so a cable isnt a solution from what was posted

 

Yes, I understand.  I just wonder if this device would work with the Thunderbolt.

0 Likes