HTC One Music lost -
chisox
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC One had the Jelly Bean 4.3 installed on Friday morning and since then I can not access my Music - says install SD Card - when I try to reinstall music with Sync Manager it states HTC MTP Device failed to install and will not recognize my phone.  I removed and reinstalled Sync Manager and tried to get latest HTC MTP device driver - ANY IDEAS?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC One Music lost -
chisox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get my music back and able to use Sync Manager by doing a master reset - under Backup and rest - reset phone - After it reset to factory default it did not ask to insert a SD Card when I selected the Music app - and when I connected to Sync Manager it did not tell me that the HTC MTP Device failed installation.  I was able to sync all my music back. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the HTC One or HTC One Max?

The HTC One doesn't have an external SD card and shouldn't be seeing that message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chisox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a HTC One - what is the mini card on the left side?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is for the connection to the VZW network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card slot is on the left side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back to listening to your music chisox. To clarify, do you get the message to install SD card as soon as you try to open your Music Player, or when syncing new music? Are you using Google Play Music? Make sure to follow these steps when transferring music http://vz.to/1cu2Ow6. Please also clear cache from Google Play Music http://vz.to/1fN07pi.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154 The HTC One Max supports a micro sd card which is behind the battery cover. The HTC One device does not, so we would need to clarify which device you are using and the specific error message that is being displayed.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
chisox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get my music back and able to use Sync Manager by doing a master reset - under Backup and rest - reset phone - After it reset to factory default it did not ask to insert a SD Card when I selected the Music app - and when I connected to Sync Manager it did not tell me that the HTC MTP Device failed installation.  I was able to sync all my music back. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Ann154 The HTC One Max supports a micro sd card which is behind the battery cover. The HTC One device does not, so we would need to clarify which device you are using and the specific error message that is being displayed.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

I KNOW one device took a SD card and the other didn't. Why do you think I ASKED the original poster? I'm not the one who had the issue. Jeez!