HTC One Voice Echo during call
idResponse

My wife and I recently each obtained an HTC One from verizon. Mine has been pretty awesome so far. Hers has developed a voice echo during calls where she hears her voice echoing behind her. It seems to me that the microphone is overly sensitive, as I had tried turning the hearing aid setting to on and it developed a horrible feedback loop.

Has anyone else experienced a One having voice echo during calls?

0 Likes
Re: HTC One Voice Echo during call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that both and the wife have a positive experience with your HTC One. Is the issue only noticeable during voice calls? Do you notice any issues if playing music through the speakers or moving calls to speakerphone? Is the issue sporadic or each time a voice call takes place? Any additional insight will be helpful.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
idResponse

So far it is only the wife's phone that has done it. It is only on voice

calls, with any speaker volume. It doesn't seem to be any particular place

or time that it does it, and it doesn't always do it. It appears to be a

random occurrence. It may be due to our location being rural? There have

been no problems with speakerphone or playing music on it. There have been

complaints that other people think the speakerphone sounds horrible from

the other party point of view. Unfortunately, the 30 days lapsed and I

never got a chance to throw the insurance on either device, not that these

phones have been mistreated - I treat all my electronics like gold.

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad you're taking good care of your phones, idResponse. Since it seems to be random, your area may be a contributing factor. Does she seem to notice the echo when she's in a certain zipcode? Or possibly only when she's at one location, like home or work? Have her go to Settings > Call and turn off the Hearing Aids setting. Also, tap CDMA Options and try turning Voice Privacy off if it's on or on if it's off.

In regards to the insurance enrollment, you may be in luck! Right now there is an open enrollment at www.vzwphoneprotection.com through March 17th as long as the device qualifies. Visit the site to find out more information.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes